|Louisville Girls Leadership||
Louisville Girls Leadership is dedicated to advocating, fostering leadership opportunities, and creating mentoring opportunities for girls in our community. Now in its second decade, LGL seeks up to three new Board Members committed to building the organization’s capacity and the sustainability of the Louisville Girls Leadership program. Run by girls, for girls, this unique leadership experience allows female 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students to learn and practice the skills needed to become exceptional community leaders. These skills are taught during monthly leadership sessions coordinated by LGL staff and volunteers. The LGL Board of Directors invites applications from community members in all neighborhoods of Metro Louisville who share our mission, can attend monthly board and committee meetings, will commit to a two-year term and make an annual monetary pledge of at least $500 through a personal donation.
LGL is committed to diversity in its Board membership and all areas of programming. This year, the Board seeks new members with skills sets in the following: Graphic Design, Photography, PR/Communications, Program Evaluation, Educators, and Strategic Planning. Leadership opportunities within the board are available in July, including: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and committee co-chair positions.
Interested applicants should submit an email with the following information to Leah Walker, Board Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
2. Mailing address
3. Phone Number
4. Email Address
5. A brief statement why you want to serve on the Board.
6. Describe the specific skills you bring, especially noting any that the Board is currently seeking.
7. Describe what needs you currently see in the community for girls.
8. Explain your understanding of LGL’s mission and how you would work to advance the mission.
9. How have you or how do you plan on contributing to the advancement of girls and women
locally, nationally, and internationally?
10. If you were tasked with creating an educational session for high school girls, what would you
choose as a topic and what would you call the session?
11. Attached resume.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the decision concerning an interview no later than Monday, December 5th.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or for additional information.